Last New Year’s Eve, Mary, Nancy and Peter each made a different resolution about desserts.
- One of them said "No ice cream."
- One of them said "All of my desserts will have fruit! (That makes it healthy, right?)"
- One of them said "No chocolate."
In January, the three friends went out to eat three times. Loving social media, they each declared their dessert choice online during the meal. During each meal …
- exactly one person kept his or her resolution and was honest about it,
- exactly one person broke his or her resolution and was honest about it, and
- exactly one person broke his or her resolution and lied about it.
Over the three meals, each person took each action once. Here were their declarations:
|At Meal #1||peach cobbler||apple pie with vanilla ice cream||chocolate ice cream|
|At Meal #2||chocolate covered strawberries||plum pudding||peach cobbler|
|At Meal #3||apple pie with vanilla ice cream||chocolate cake||cheesecake|
For each person, what resolution was made?
Try your best before looking at the solution to this year’s IMACS Holiday Logic Puzzle.